Hey! I'm Karla...
Let's translate your numbers to English.
Why aren't your clients getting it? Why isn't everyone funding your startup or research? You have cold, hard data: 200 square kilometers. 4% compounded quarterly. $2 billion. This meeting is a waste of time. You may have printed up a few bar graphs or infographics.
But even if it's clear to you, it's a foreign language to everyone else.
Who am I?
I'm Chip Heath's new co-author.
Karla Starr... has a command of the social science literature that would be freakish in a social psychology Ph.D., but who has amassed that knowledge without formal training." -Chip Heath
I'm an award-winning science/business journalist with a background in behavioral science (psychology, neuroscience, sociology, and system dynamics.) I'm currently working on a book about Unstoppable Momentum—the art of recovery and long-term behavior change.
In short, my specialty is translating Super Nerdy Gibberish to Something Helpful and Easy to Understand.
I've worked with:
- Financial planners to help clients understand their value and retain customers.
- Small business groups, entrepreneurs, and marketing departments to perfect their messaging.
- Sales teams to develop a framework for new client pitches.
- Political messaging analysts to work on slogans.
- Understand your clients' frame of reference
- Analyze the pain points in your message
- Develop number translations to make your message obvious